Monday, August 23, 2010

Skin around eyes, itchy, red, dry, burns...anyone?

The skin around my eyes has been driving me crazy for some time now. Has anyone had this problem?


Description:


Red


itchy


dry and peeling


feels like a sunburn


burns when I put anything on them,


looks like I have pink eyeshadow on


very wrinkly, like alligatorish...hard to describe





I've done some research and read something about yeast could be a factor...or allergies. I am at my wits end and am in need of suggestions.


If you've had this and successfully gotten rid of it. PLEASE help me. This has been going on for 2 years now and it's making me look old, I'm only 31 and my eyes look 40.

Skin around eyes, itchy, red, dry, burns...anyone?
I used to have it constantly! I have gotten rid of it for the most part but it took a lot of investigation and trial and error to figure what was causing mine. The condition is called blepharitis.


To get rid of the initial symptoms, I used Occuscrub. I think it is by Bausch and Lomb. Then I used the eye gel, something like Occuclear, I think. I went without makeup for a week at times because it was so bad. I finally narrowed mine down to Maybelline makeup which I had been using for over 20 years. I also used to sleep without taking my makeup off, now if it's the last thing I do, I goop my eyes full of vaseline and wash my face real good. Rubbing my eyes with makeup on did not help. I think I was making tiny tears in my skin and the makeup would get inside. I am in my 40's and I know what you mean by it making your skin look old. A Prescriptives guy once told me that sleeping with your makeup on ages your skin 7 years.


I hope this helps you.
Reply:sounds like allergies. Have you tried any meds??





Just to make sure thought I would go see the doctors.


No comments:

Post a Comment