Thursday, July 22, 2010

Is it possible to have contact allergies (itchy skin) from one cat and not another?

I recently got a new cat from the Humane Society and a few days later I was itchy all over my body but no redness or rash. I have another cat and this has never happened before. I can't think of anything else that has changed that would cause itching. Any help?

Is it possible to have contact allergies (itchy skin) from one cat and not another?
Yes it is totally possible. In general I don't really have allergies from cats as I own three. But every once in a while I meet a cat that causes me to have a horrible allergic reaction. I do not know why it's only certain cats but yes it for sure possible.
Reply:Consult a vet on this. The cat may have some fleas or mites or may need to have another skin treatment and then will be just fine. The vet can prescribe whatever it needs.


No comments:

Post a Comment