Thursday, July 22, 2010

What is this itchy skin irritation my family has been dealing with lately?

The 4 of us at times itch. It's not all over but rather a dot here and a dot there that itches intensely. It starts as a dot that I scratch a few times and it turns all red. When the itching subsides in about 10 minutes, the red fades and I'm left with a faint pink dot. I've had them on my foot, hand, arm, shoulder but the worst is right at my bikini line and the same with the others.


Does anyone know if a skin yeast infection could be it?





And just for background, I'm using the same laundry products, which are all naturally derived, and our house is pretty clean. I vacuum several times a week, etc.

What is this itchy skin irritation my family has been dealing with lately?
It could be mites. You can have these even in a clean house. They are spread from person to person though skin contact or contact with a place they have been sitting or sleeping. You can't see the mites but they get under the skin.





Do a search on mites +rash in yahoo and you can find a lot of information on this.





Another thing to consider would be bedbugs. Have you travelled lately and stayed in a motel? They have become extremely bad in some areas, especially New York, because they are spread when people travel. Those, too, can be researched on yahoo. There has been a lot in the news lately about these.
Reply:Sounds like dry skin.

lady slipper

No comments:

Post a Comment