Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Plantar Warts or just itchy skin?

I noticed yesterday that my big toe on the left foot itched really badly. It is on the bottom of the toe. I checked it out today, and I have two small to medium sized callus looking things there. I didn't see any "seeds". They weren't yellow or brown - more the color of my skin or slightly more pinky. I have had a wart or two on my fingers before - they are always really tiny. Smaller than the head of a pin. Usually, just a small brown dot. I leave it alone and it goes away. (Doc confirmed it was a wart - just very small.) They always itch like crazy on me. Do you think the two bumps on the bottom of my big toe could be warts? Or are plantar warts only on the sole of the foot? If there are no seeds, how can I tell what it is? I don't have insurance and can't see a doctor. I need to do what I can at home. I did use an emery board to remove any extra dead skin. Then I soaked a cottonball and vinegar and taped it to the area. Even after I used emory board, bumps weren't smaller. Help!

Plantar Warts or just itchy skin?
Usually plantar warts hurt, like heck if i might add, when stepped on. If you cant go to the docs try Compund-Q or W (one of those). You can by it at most stores and it got rid of my plantar wart at the bottom of my foot. If this does not work you need to go to a doc because they have a special thing they do for plantar warts.
Reply:Plantar wart = verucca which are contagious, but easily treatable with over-the-counter ointments.





Don't worry about it.


No comments:

Post a Comment