Saturday, July 24, 2010

My dog has itchy skin, however I dont want to give too many baths or the flea treatment will wear off...?

What should I do? Would benadryl be my next step?

My dog has itchy skin, however I dont want to give too many baths or the flea treatment will wear off...?
My dog has allergies and so she has itchy skin on her feet and face. I give her anti-histamines. I have tried ALL the over-the-counter ones suggested by my vet but they don't really help her all that much. Every dog is different, though. If there are spots where he/she is itchier, you can try topical applications that will help the itching subside for short times. You can also consult your vet. He or she will probably give you some good pointers or maybe suggest a prescription diet, though these are usually very expensive.





You might want to check with the vet, though, not just to help your pet's skin but also because, if he/she has an allergy, it can get worse or it can lead to other things like ear infections.
Reply:contact your vet, or bathe it with head and shoulders


No comments:

Post a Comment